The logo must encapsulate the idea of locally-made goods and services and sustainability and the design should take into account the various and varied places it will be used.
Where Will the Origin Oman Logo be Used?
The Origin Oman logo will be used to help consumers and institutional buyers identify Oman-made products and services. It will appear, for example, in retail establishments around Oman as well as on Oman-made merchandise, business cards, headed paper, pop-up displays, exhibition stands, flyers, booklets, brochures as well as in web and print advertising campaigns. Moreover, the logo will also be made available to any Oman-based company or organization that is a member of the Origin Oman portal – http://www.originoman.om/ – In brief, the logo is intended to enhance awareness of locally made goods and services.
Help the Economy
When companies and organizations use the Origin Oman logo in their marketing and promotional campaigns, they set themselves apart from the competition by conveying their pride in Oman. Identifying products and services with the Origin Oman logo in supermarkets, shops, hotels, restaurants, coffee shops or at trade shows will translate into increased profits.
Use of the Origin Oman logo will help increase sales of Oman-made products and services which in turn will result in increased employment opportunities and a stronger Omani economy. It’s a win-win scenario.
The Competition Prize
The prize for the winning logo will be RO500 (US$1,358) - and the pride of seeing your logo help promote Oman-made goods and services.
The deadline for submissions is 20 May 2008
Rules of the Competition
1. The logo must be original work of the submitter. By submitting a logo for entry in the competition, the designer acknowledges that he/she is the person that made the logo and is its rightful owner. Copies will be rejected. No work will be returned. Be sure to keep a copy.
2. The design must have an Arabic and English version. The Arabic version must include the word ‘Omani’ in Arabic and the English version should carry the words ‘Origin Oman’ in English. We will also accept a single version that contains the two elements.
3. The competition is open to Oman-based students only.
4. The logo should be vector graphics in Illustrator ai format.
5. Do not send Word documents, Powerpoint Presentations or PaintShop Pro files. They will not be accepted.
6. We will only accept digital submissions. 7. Digital submissions must be a minimum of 300 dpi.
8. The logo should be usable in monochrome and colour media, including limited colours (2 or 3
9. The logo must not exploit or offend anyone’s sex, race, religion, morality, culture, nor be salacious, or pornographic. Artwork considered by the committee to be violent, provocative, pornographic, discriminatory or inappropriate will be disqualified.
10. The logo should be simple. Remember it will be used on merchandise.
11. The deadline for submission is 20 May 2008.
12. Results will be announced in 25 May 2008.
13. By participating, you agree to give the copyright for your design to PEIE and the winning designer will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation all other rights related to the design. The designer also certifies that the logo does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and that it does not violate any copyright.
14. PEIE declines any responsibility of misuse of the image. 15. All personal information enclosed in the submission form will remain confidential. This information will be used to check the validity of a submission and to contact the winners.
16. Imitation or insertion of copyrighted images are not allowed: comics, movies, TV characters, etc.
17. When submitting please include your full name, age, place of study, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address. Without this information the submission will be rejected.
All entries must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org or on CD to PEIE’s Head Office on Knowledge Oasis Muscat on or before 20 May 2008
Blog contents copyright © 2006 PEIE