Saturday, June 27, 2009
Origin Oman's Consumer Survey Results
The National Products Campaign was re-launched in September 2008 under a new name and brand mark - Origin Oman.
Origin Oman is a think local business initiative driven by PEIE. The campaign aims to preserve and enhance the economic, human and natural vitality of Oman’s communities by promoting the importance of purchasing locally made products and services.
The Origin Oman campaign recently carried out an online and face-to-face survey with 500 Muscat-based consumers. This is what they had to say:
1. Have you heard about the Origin Oman campaign?
2. If so, where did you first hear about it?
3. Have you seen the Origin Oman logo? (without visual prompt)
4. Do you recognize the logo? (with visual prompt)
5. Where did you first see the Origin Oman logo?
6. In general, do you know where the products you buy are produced/grown?
7. When buying a product, do you consider the importance of whether it's locally made/grown?
8. When buying a product, would a label saying Origin Oman have
A positive impact 76.82%
A negative impact 3.16%
No impact 20.55%
9. On average, how often do you buy locally made/grown products?
10. What stops you from buying locally made/grown products?
Lack of availability 17.37%
Don’t know what’s locally made/grown 5.67%
Poor packaging 14.99%
Quality is low or inconsistent 20.48%
Would rather buy a brand I trust 14.99%
Don’t see why it’s important 2.74%
Lack of information 15.72%
11. Do you think shops in Oman do enough to promote locally made/grown products?
12. Are you interested in learning more about locally made/grown products?
Very interested 43.65%
Not interested 17.06%
Blog contents copyright © 2006 PEIE
Posted by Peie-Marketing at Saturday, June 27, 2009